Best Chowmein Masala in Nepal
Chowmein is a dish of Chinese stir-fried noodles with vegetables and sometimes meat or tofu. Over the centuries, variations of Chowmein were developed in many countries. Nepal not being exceptional. In Nepal, Chowmein has become a kind of daily food everywhere; for some, it has become the only source of income, whereas, for some, it is the daily lunch. There are several methods of frying the noodles, and a range of toppings can be used. The Nepal Chowmein variant has more spice than the original, and for some to prep, all of those spices can be a bit of a fuss, so for their convince, Century Foods have Made Chowmein Masala to make your Chowmein tastier.
Ingredients for Chowmein:
• Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped (about 750g, 26.5oz)
• 700g (24.5oz) Chowmein (egg) noodles
• 5-6 garlic cloves, julienned
• Fresh ginger, julienned (about 20g, 0.70oz)
• 2-3 green or red chilies
• 3 red onions, shredded or julienned
• 1 and ½ capsicum, julienned
• 2 carrots, julienned
• ¼ cabbage, shredded (about 200g, 7oz)
• ½ cup of fresh coriander
• 3 scallions and 2 green garlic
• Tomato ketchup
• Soya sauce
• Coriander ground
• Chowmein masala
• Ground parsley
• Red chili powder
• Turmeric powder
• Millet or olive oil
• Cut chicken breasts into thin slices. Heat oil in a pan, season chicken with salt, and fry until the chicken is browned. Set aside.
• Wash and cut the garlic, ginger, onions, capsicum, carrots, and cabbage. Chop the scallions and green garlic. Chop the fresh coriander.
• Boil water and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and reserve noodles when ready.
• Heat oil in a large wok (or skillet) over high heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic, and stir-fry for 30 sec before adding ginger—Stir-fry for 15 sec. Lower the heat and stir for another 15 sec.
• Add onions. Stir until the onions become translucent.
• Add carrots. Stir for 1 to 2 min.
• Add capsicums. Stir fry on high heat for 2 min.
• Add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp salt, 3 tsp ground coriander, and 2 tsp masala. Stir fry for 1 to 2 min. Add cabbage. Mix. Add scallions and green garlic. Mix thoroughly for about 2 min. Do not over-cook. Add 1 and a half tbsp of soya sauce. Add 3 tbsp of tomato ketchup. Add 2 tsp parsley. Add fried chicken. Then, add the fresh coriander.
• Add noodles. Mix until combined.
Making veg/non-veg chowmein delicious can be a task for those who are not experts in cooking. However, with Century chowmein masala, a newbie can also prepare tasty chowmein.
This recipe uses spices that are easily available in every Nepalese kitchen. However, if you don’t have Century chowmein masala, you can buy it. You can get Century chowmein masala from a nearby store or online marts. You can easily get products from Century, including chowmein masala
All Ads by
If you have items to sell, you can post your Ad here for free. No fees. No commission asked. Kinbech Nepal is Nepal's free online classified marketplace. Just (1) Register (2) Verify Mobile and (3) Post your Ad.